From time to time it is nice to have a few phrases that can reach out and touch you when you are bogged down with indecision or fear. When I feel like that, I will often go back through quotes that I have filed away looking for one that will speak to that part of me that needs moving.
I call the following quotes the “Get Moving” phrases, because they seem to say “get off your ‘yeabuts’ and move on” from the quicksand in which I find my physical and mental feet.
I offer these “Get Moving” phrases to you to see if one whispers (or shouts) your name and asks you to move it along:
- You only grow by coming to the end of something and by beginning something else. – John Irving
- Nothing is possible until you begin, then everything is possible. – author unknown
- The beginning is half of the whole. – Plato
- It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires great strength to decide on what to do. – Elbert Hubbard
- He who is outside the door has already a good part of his journey behind him. – Dutch proverb
- You won’t skid if you stay in a rut. – Kin Hubbard
- We’re given second chances every day of our life. We don’t usually take them, but they’re there for the taking. -Andrew M.Greeley
- The fact is, nothing comes; at least nothing good. All has to be fetched. – Charles Buxton
- Tomorrow is the most important thing in life… comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday. – John Wayne
- I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do. – Helen Keller
- To be happy, drop the words, “If only…” and substitute instead the words, “Next time… ” – Smiley Blanton
- Before you begin, consider well; and when you have considered, act. – Sallust
Consider this: Monarch caterpillars shed their skin four times before they become a chrysalis, growing over 2700 times their original size.
I hope that one of these quotations prompts you to take action in your area of need.
Affirmation for the Week:
“I insert the key of desire into the engine of power and move on the wheels of determination to my destiny.”
Have a “moving” week!
Mary “Motivator” Rau-Foster