Water did not always come from a faucet, which produces water at the turn of a handle. At one time it came from a well. The water was obtained by pumping the well handle several times. It was always a good idea to keep a cup filled with water, with which to prime the pump. The water poured into the pump has the effect of removing the air which blocks the flow of water.
Our own personal pumps must be primed every day, lest they run dry. How do you prime your personal pump?
There are several ways, such as:
- Read some inspirational story or quote each morning.
- Listen to motivational tapes on the way to work.
- Laugh, laugh, laugh…
A personalized screen saver for your computer screen can be an effective reminder for you. Here are some ideas:
- “Carpe Diem” (Seize the Day)
- “If it is going to be, it is up to me.”
- “Kites rise highest against the wind.”
- “Whatever you can do or dream that you can, begin it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and magic in it.” (Goethe)
Looking for More Personal Motivation?