Many years ago, I heard a story that was both amusing and amazing regarding a tornado. The person sharing the story was also the person involved in the event. She resided in an area where tornados are a fairly common occurrence. One day, while standing on her porch, she saw a tornado coming directly at her property.
She stood on the porch and yelled at the tornado to go away and not come onto her property. To her amazement, the storm made an abrupt right turn and moved completely away without disturbing a leaf on her trees.
The storms of nature and the storms in our lives are inevitable. We expect that there will be elements of nature over which we have no control. If we are prepared for elements presenting themselves in our daily lives and our lifetimes (some of which we may control), we can weather the storms.
Some of our personal storms are preventable because we create them through our thoughts and actions. Some of them occur in the absence of our input or control. For those that are preventable, it is important that we assess how and to what extent we create these events. Often we can minimize the damage of the storms or in many cases eliminate the storms altogether.
But how do we do so?
- Get a reading on how stormy or calm your life might be.
- Determine what conditions are causing the adversities.
- Get a barometric reading on where the storms of your life most
- Create an evacuation plan outlining how you will protect yourself
from creating storms by eliminating self-defeating thinking and acts.
- Be prepared to weather the storms of your creation and take
responsibility for creating them.
- Do damage control with those who have been impacted by the tornados
spawned by your hurricanes.
- Remove yourself emotionally from the area when you are exposed to
the tornados spawned from the storms created by others.
- Create an alert plan that will warn you when the conditions are
right for the creation of your own personal storm.
- Evacuate the thinking that leads to self-created storms.
- Strive to create calmer conditions in your life.
- Enjoy the sunshine and good conditions in your life.
Affirmation for the Week:
“I weather the storms in my life by being prepared and by preventing those that are under my control.”
Have a sunny and calm week!
Mary “Motivator” Rau-Foster